When it comes to happiness, not only can you really change yourself, but you can also considerably improve the quality of your life!
You can deeply, intensively, and “elegantly” change your disturbances and your disturbability. You can substantially raise your level of happiness — absolutely no doubt about it!
And to top this all up: You can make yourself happy and remarkably less disturbable — that is, if you take your personal power and use it!
I did it, many other individuals did it… and so can you!
Does it mean that you will be able to completely change your personality?
Well, no. Not exactly.
First of all, let’s not forget that we all have natural, inborn tendencies to make ourselves anxious, to be depressed, and to be self-hating. However, even if we have these inborn tendencies, the good news is we really do not have to go along with or give into them.
In other words: “inborn” doesn’t mean “fixed.”
– Even if we are born with poor golf abilities, we can get golf training and we can improve them somewhat, though not completely.
– Even if we naturally hate tapioca, we may train ourselves to enjoy it somewhat.
– Even if we are born and raised to be “easily upsettable,” we can largely change this and make ourselves much less so.
Sounds a little hard to believe, right? But remember this: Even if our biology and our upbringing strongly encourage our doing so, we choose to indulge in our emotional problems… alas, we do! On the other hand, let’s keep in mind that we also have considerable ability to stop our neurotic tendencies in their tracks and to reduce them.
And how can we change our strong tendency to act self-defeatingly?
Well, we can train ourselves to behave for our own interest-and for the interest of the social group in which we choose to live-by learning how to change our thoughts, feelings, and actions and thereby reduce our emotional distress.
Nowadays, there are so many tools we can use to help us create more happiness in our lives. Some of them are free, some of them we’ll have to invest a certain amount of money to access them.
– Books, workbooks
– eReports, eBooks, online courses
– CDs, MP3 files, podcasts, videos
– Individual coaching, group coaching, email coaching
– Teleseminars, keynote speeches
– Support groups, mastermind groups
Now, do we absolutely have to use any of these tools in order to create a happier, more trouble-free life for ourselves?
No, we absolutely don’t have to.
But here’s the real question: How bad do we want change?
How bad do you want change?